Let 2023 begin with the joy of reading!
New Year equals New Year’s Resolutions! And what better time than now to resolve to read more books? Us bookworms know literature can literally be life-changing! Fiction feeds the imagination and takes us places we could never have dreamed of. It makes us feel emotions we’d never tapped into and opens our minds to new ideas. It can also inspire us to become better, kinder, more empathetic, and more generous.
But with so many books to read, and so little time, knowing where to begin can feel overwhelming. That’s not to mention the constant distractions we face: TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, to name just a few! So, what’s a hopeful reader to do?
Here’s our top tips for creating a reading habit in 2023!
- When you’re ready to read put your cellphone on silent mode and turn it over so you can’t see alerts popping up. Better still, turn it off!
- Mindfully create a habit. Promise yourself you’ll dedicate 10 or 20 minutes a day to reading and stay with it for at least three weeks. Before you know it, you won’t be able to put your book down.
- Get recommendations. If you don’t know where to begin, ask friends (or strangers!) what their current favorite book is.
- Take it slow! It isn’t a race when it comes to reading. Enjoy every paragraph. And if you particularly enjoy a chapter, there’s no reason you shouldn’t reread it!
- Once you’ve finished a book, don’t rush into another. Take time to think about the story and how it made you feel. Did you like the characters? The story? What didn’t you enjoy?
Feeling inspired? Let us know what’s on your reading list for 2023?
The Hello, My Name is Bunny! chapter book series is for middle graders (ages 6 to 10) and cat lovers of every age! You can read our reviews on our product pages. Have you bought our books? If you have time, please take a minute to review them here by clicking on the product you bought, then clicking through to “Reviews”!)